This meatball appetizer recipe combines the authentic and flavorful goodness of enchiladas with the comfort and convenience of meatballs. Add a little adventure with LA VICTORIA® SALSA BRAVA® Hot Sauce to make the familiar flavor of enchiladas hot and exciting.
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 cups finely crumbled cornbread
- 2 cups LA VICTORIA® Red Enchilada Sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese, divided
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- LA VICTORIA® SALSA BRAVA® Hot Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, combine beef, pork, cornbread, 1 cup LA VICTORIA® Red Enchilada Sauce, ice water, cilantro, cumin, 1 cup shredded cheese, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Gently shape meat mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Place meatballs on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- While meatballs are cooking, in a large saucepan warm remaining LA VICTORIA® Red Enchilada Sauce. Slowly add remaining cheese and whisk well to combine.
- Add LA VICTORIA® SALSA BRAVA® Hot Sauce to taste.
- Remove meatballs from pan using slotted spoon. Place in warm enchilada cheese sauce. Cook 2 minutes; stir to coat. Transfer meatballs to serving dish; serve with toothpicks.