You don’t have to wait for Halloween for this Mexican-style layered bean dip. Fresh avocados, chopped onions and LA VICTORIA® Nacho Sliced Jalapeños top off this perfect party dip.
LA VICTORIA® Layered Dip
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 2 medium avocados
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 16 oz bean dip (store bought or homemade)
- 1 (6-ounce) can sliced black olives
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) jar LA VICTORIA® Thick'N Chunky Salsa
- LA VICTORIA® Nacho Sliced Jalapeños, optional
- In a small mixing bowl, mash the avocados and mix with lemon juice and salt and pepper. In another bowl, mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning.
- Assemble the dip by layering the ingredients in a 2-quart casserole dish. Spread the bean dip on the bottom of the dish.
- Top with the olives, cheese, onions, sour cream/mayonnaise mixture, LA VICTORIA® salsa and avocado mixture.
- To make the spider web design, place sour cream in a piping bag or squeeze bottle and draw 4 circles inside each other. Gently drag a bamboo skewer or toothpick outward from the center to create the webbed effect (be sure to clean the skewer/toothpick between lines.)
- Serve with tortilla chips and LA VICTORIA® Nacho Sliced Jalapeños, if desired.
- For a fun twist, make "Scary Chips" by using Halloween cookie cutters to cut bat and ghost shapes out of fresh tortillas.
- Fry chips in 400°F oil for 3 minutes or bake in a 350°F oven until crisp.