Simple and fast can still be sophisticated. Fresh cilantro and hint of lime juice give this fried oyster recipe a simple, light touch. Add just the amount heat with LA VICTORIA® SALSA BRAVA® Hot Sauce. Simply delicious.
Pan-Fried Oysters with Salsa Verde
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 1/2 cup French bread cubed, lightly toasted
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- LA VICTORIA® SALSA BRAVA® Hot Sauce, to taste
- 6 oysters shucked (reserve bottom shells for presentation)
- 2 cups grape seed oil or olive oil
- For Salsa Verde:
- 1 cup LA VICTORIA® Green Taco Sauce
- Handful fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp honey
- In a food processor, pulse together bread cubes, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper until mixture becomes fine breadcrumbs.
- Whisk together egg yolks and LA VICTORIA® SALSA BRAVA® Hot Sauce; drench oysters in yolk mixture and coat in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil over medium heat until just simmering (test by sprinkling some crumbs into it; they should sizzle and float to the top) and then add coated oysters.
- Fry until golden brown, flip over, and fry until golden on other side. They should cook for about 1 minute total. Drain on papers towel.
- To make salsa verde, mix together LA VICTORIA® Green Taco Sauce, chopped cilantro, lime juice and honey.
- Place each fried oyster onto a shell. Spoon salsa verde mixture over each and serve immediately.