The Latin spin on toppings makes these delicious shrimp cake fried patties come alive with flavor. In place of shrimp, use crab or mixed fish.
Shrimp Cakes with Red and Green Sauces
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 1 lb raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large egg
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3/4 cup LA VICTORIA® SALSA BRAVA® Hot Sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup Panko crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- For Green Sauce:
- 3/4 cup LA VICTORIA® Green Taco Sauce
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 avocado
- Salt and pepper
- For Red Sauce:
- 3/4 cup LA VICTORIA® Red Taco Sauce
- 1/2 cup freshly diced mango, papaya or orange slices
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- Cilantro spring, for garnish
- Place the shrimp in a food processor and coarsely chop, using the pulse button. Add the egg, green onion, lemon juice, mustard, cilantro, LA VICTORIA® SALSA BRAVA® Hot Sauce, salt and pepper.
- Blend by pulsing the machine until combined. Add 1 cup of Panko crumbs and blend using the pulse button. Form the mixture into twelve 3-inch-diameter cakes.
- Roll the cakes in the remaining Panko crumbs and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before cooking. (You can make the cakes up to 4 hours ahead, to maintain the texture of the coating.)
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, sauté the shrimp cakes until cooked through and golden brown on both sides, adding more oil to skillet as needed, about 8 minutes total cooking time.
- Green Sauce: Using a food processor, blend the LA VICTORIA® Green Taco Sauce, sour cream, avocado and salt and pepper until smooth, for the Green Sauce.
- Red Sauce: Combine the LA VICTORIA® Red Taco Sauce, fruit and lime juice in the food processor and blend until smooth.
- To serve, spoon the green sauce onto one side and the red sauce onto the other side of 6 small plates. Place two shrimp cakes on top, garnish with a cilantro sprig and serve.