The ideal patio meal. Baked Eggs with Bacon-Braised Black-Eyed Peas is the perfect weekend brunch recipe. The comfort of baked eggs with the zip of LA VICTORIA® SALSA BRAVA® Hot Sauce for those who like it hot.
Baked Eggs with Bacon-Braised Black-Eyed Peas
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- Bring a medium sized pot of water to a boil and season with salt. Add the fresh black-eyed peas and boil for 10 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and discard the water.
- In a medium-sized sauté pan, cook the bacon over medium heat until the fat has rendered and the bacon is just crisp.
- Remove the bacon pieces from the pan and add the onion to the bacon fat. Sauté the onion until tender and caramelized, about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the cooked black-eyed peas and sauté for 3 minutes more. Add the LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA® Salsa to the pan along with the chicken broth and stir in the cooked bacon. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, uncovered, to meld the flavors.
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Coat 4 gratin dishes with cooking spray. Divide the black-eyed pea mixture evenly among dishes and make a small indentation in the center for the egg to rest in.
- Crack 1 egg into a small bowl and gently pour it into a gratin dish. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Place the gratin dishes on a baking sheet and tent the baking sheet with foil. Bake until the egg whites are cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes. Serve garnished with parsley and LA VICTORIA® SALSA BRAVA® Hot Sauce, for those that like it hot.