Our favorite fast and family-friendly skillet breakfast recipe. Keep things fresh by adding your favorite in-season fresh vegetables and LA VICTORIA® Red or Green Thick n’ Chunky Salsa.
LA VICTORIA® Skillet Breakfast
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 small diced yellow onion
- 1 diced red, yellow or orange bell pepper
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes - or diced cooked potatoes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups LA VICTORIA® Red or Green Thick n’ Chunky Salsa
- 6 whole egg
- In large skillet, combine olive oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add bell pepper and sauté 5 minutes more, stirring often.
- Add hash brown potatoes, salt and pepper and cook 10 minutes or until potatoes are golden, stirring frequently.
- Add LA VICTORIA® Salsa and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium.
- Using back of spoon, make 6 evenly spaced indentations ½-inch deep in vegetable and potato mixture. Crack eggs, one at a time, and place one egg in each indentation.
- Cover pan with lid and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until eggs are set.