These breakfast enchiladas are the perfect recipe for Mother’s Day or brunch with family and friends. Keep things simple and prepare the recipe the night before. Simply refrigerate overnight and let stand 30 minutes before baking.
Mother’s Day Breakfast Enchiladas
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 12 large eggs
- 1 tbsp whole milk or cream
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 (4-ounce) can LA VICTORIA® Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cups LA VICTORIA® Red or Green Enchilada Sauce
- 12 Tortillas, warmed
- 4 sweet or hot Italian sausages cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- Sour cream for serving
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk or cream, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Add green chiles, if desired.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add eggs and cook, stirring often, 3 minutes or until just cooked through. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- To assemble enchiladas, pour half of enchilada sauce onto the bottom of 9x12-inch baking or casserole dish.
- Place one warm tortilla on work surface and fill it with 2 tablespoons scrambled eggs, 1 tablespoon crumbled sausage and 2 tablespoons shredded Mexican cheese blend. Roll tortilla up tightly and place in baking dish, seam side down. Repeat with remaining tortillas and fill baking dish.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over enchiladas and top with remaining Mexican cheese blend and crumbled Cotija cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly. Serve topped with a dollop of sour cream.