A terrific week-end breakfast recipe. This traditional Chilaquiles Mexican dish gets a leg up with salsa verde made from LA VICTORIA® Green Taco Sauce.
Salsa Verde Chilaquiles
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 3 handfuls tortilla chips
- 3/4 cup LA VICTORIA® Green Taco Sauce
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1/2 tsp cumin ground
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend, shredded cheddar and jack cheese
- Mexican crema or sour cream
- Fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- LA VICTORIA® SALSA BRAVA® Hot Sauce
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add tortilla chips and cook for three minutes, stirring often. Add LA VICTORIA® Green Taco Sauce and stir to combine.
- Add beaten eggs, cumin, oregano and salt and pepper and cook until the eggs are soft and just cooked through.
- Add cheese and stir to melt.
- Pile chilaquiles on two plates and garnish with a spoonful of Mexican crema or sour cream, cilantro and LA VICTORIA® SALSA BRAVA® Hot Sauce.