Love lasagna? Then try this vegetarian layered pie with a modern Mexican twist. We use flour tortillas in place of pasta. Just add rich cheeses, garlic, pinto beans and fresh-chopped cilantro and the rich flavors of LA VICTORIA® Enchilada Sauce, Salsa, and Fire Roasted Green Chiles.
Cheesy Layered Enchilada Pie
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 2 15-ounce cans pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 cups LA VICTORIA® Enchilada Sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 4-ounce can LA VICTORIA ® Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 7 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend or shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup LA VICTORIA® Suprema® Salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, mash pinto beans with chicken stock and garlic.
- In a separate bowl, mix together LA VICTORIA® Enchilada Sauce, cilantro, LA VICTORIA® Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles and tomatoes.
- Place one flour tortilla in bottom of a pie plate or tart pan. Spread 3/4 cup of pinto bean mixture over tortilla, spreading mixture to about a half-inch of the edge. Top with a layer of enchilada sauce mixture, then sprinkle with 1/4 cup of cheese. Cover with another tortilla. Repeat layering process twice, ending with a tortilla. Spread remaining enchilada sauce on top of last tortilla and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover pie with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve each slice topped with a spoonful of LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA™ Salsa and a dollop of sour cream.