Our traditional enchilada recipe with a seafood twist. The bold spice of chipotle cream and fresh shrimp make this an authentic seafood family favorite.
Chipotle Shrimp Enchiladas
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- For Chipotle Cream:
- 3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup LA VICTORIA® Chipotle Taco Sauce
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb shrimp fresh shrimp - peeled, deveined and coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp lime fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp Fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the cream in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the cream reduces by half (about 15 minutes). Stir in the LA VICTORIA® Chipotle Taco Sauce and the parmesan cheese. Cook until the sauce is thick, about 1 minute more. Remove the sauce from the heat and set it aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Add the chopped shrimp and cook for 1 minute. Add the lime juice and garlic and cook 1 minute more. Season to taste. Remove the sauté pan from the heat and add 3/4 cup of the Chipotle Cream to the shrimp mixture. Stir in the cilantro.
- Heat the canola oil in a shallow skillet over high heat (there should be just enough oil to cover the bottom). When the oil starts to shimmer, fry the tortillas for 5 seconds on each side, and then drain them on paper towels.
- Working quickly, since the tortillas get crispy fast, fill each tortilla with about 1/3 cup of the shrimp-cream mixture. Roll each tortilla to form a large cigar shape and place the enchiladas seam-side down in a casserole.
- Cover the enchiladas with the remaining Chipotle Cream and bake until the sauce is bubbly, about 15 minutes.