The delicious crunch of this cornmeal crust and the yummy fresh mango salsa make this chicken breast recipe the ideal summer dish. Simple to make. Delicious to eat.
Cornmeal-Crusted Chicken Breasts with Tropical Salsa
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 1 (16-ounce) jar LA VICTORIA® Thick'N Chunky Salsa
- 1 cup mango diced
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves chopped, plus 2 tbsp, divided for garnish
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal for the chicken
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- Salt and pepper
- 4 Chicken breasts boneless, skinless, pounded to 1/4-inch thick
- 2 tsp butter unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Combine the LA VICTORIA® Thick n' Chunky Salsa with the mango, lime juice and 1/4 cup parsley in a small sauce pot and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cornmeal, paprika, cayenne, salt and ground pepper.
- Coat each chicken breast with the cornmeal mixture and shake off any excess.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 chicken breasts to the pan and sauté the chicken until golden and cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and keep warm. Wipe out the skillet and add the remaining butter and olive oil to the pan.
- Add the remaining chicken breasts and sauté until golden and cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side.
- To serve, arrange the crusted chicken breasts on a platter.
- Spoon the warm tropical salsa over the chicken breasts and garnish with chopped parsley.