In this wonderful summer salad, the authentic Mexican Carnitas recipe is given a fresh, nutritious twist for lunch. Fresh bell peppers, onions, and roasted pepitas are balanced by the sweet, earthy flavor of the citrus chipotle dressing. Classic.
Cozumel Carnitas Salad with Citrus Chipotle Dressing
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 1/2 cup LA VICTORIA® Thick ‘n Chunky Salsa Verde Mild
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp EMBASA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp grated orange peel
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 (5-ounce) bag spring salad mix
- 1/2 cup red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup radishes, sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups carnitas meat, heated
- Roasted pepitas, if desired
- In small bowl, whisk together salsa verde, orange juice, olive oil, peppers, orange peel and garlic.
- Divide salad mix among 4 plates.
- Top each salad with onion, bell pepper, radishes and avocado.
- Place carnitas meat in the center of each salad. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with pepitas, if desired.