This is the perfect one-pot recipe. Fresh carrots, roasted peppers, serrano rice and fresh shrimp. Simple and delicious.
Fiesta Rice with Shrimp
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, finely diced
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups medium-grain rice
- 4 cups chicken broth, plus more if needed
- 1 cup LA VICTORIA® Red Taco Sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 serrano chile, left whole (optional)
- Kosher salt
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup roasted peppers
- 1/4 cup LA VICTORIA® Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles
- 1/4 cup black olives, diced
- 3 tbsp parsley, freshly chopped
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and carrots and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring often, until the onion is translucent. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute more.
- Stir in the rice and cook until slightly toasted, about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and the LA VICTORIA® Red Taco Sauce, stir and bring to boil.
- Add the bay leaf, salt and the serrano chile, if desired. Reduce the heat, and cover and simmer until the rice is just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and scatter the raw shrimp over the top of the rice.
- Cover the pan again and cook for 5 minutes more (for medium-sized shrimp), or until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Scatter the roasted peppers, LA VICTORIA® Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles, black olives and parsley over the top of the shrimp, cover the rice again and let the rice stand for 5 minutes more.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and serve.