Vegetarians (and everyone) cheer! It’s time to turn your bounty of summer vegetables into tasty tacos with salsa for zest and Crema Rosa for kick! Whether you’re going “Meatless on Monday” or you have a bounty of summer vegetables, these tacos will satisfy! LA VICTORIA® Salsa adds zest and flavor to the vegetable mixture and the Crema Rosa adds a creamy kick. Serve the tacos with Spanish Rice, accented with corn kernels, black beans and chopped cilantro.
Garden Veggie Tacos
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 small red onion or yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 small tomatoes
- 1 (16-ounce) bottle LA VICTORIA® Thick'N Chunky Salsa
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp parsley
- For Crema Rosa:
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle LA VICTORIA® Red Taco Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- For Tacos:
- 8 hard corn taco shells
- 2 cup romaine lettuce finely shredded
- 1 cup queso fresco or a mild crumbled feta, as a substitute
- Heat 4 tablespoons of the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the eggplant and sauté until tender, stirring often, about 15 minutes. Remove the eggplant from the pan and set it aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the same skillet and add the onion. Sauté until tender, stirring often, about 10 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper, zucchini and yellow squash and sauté for 10 minutes more. Add the eggplant back to the pan and add the garlic and fresh tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes to evaporate the liquid from the tomatoes.
- Add the LA VICTORIA® Thick 'n Chunky Salsa, chili powder, cumin and salt and pepper and sauté for 10 minutes more, to meld the flavors. Stir in the parsley and adjust the seasoning.
- Make the Crema Rosa by whisking together the LA VICTORIA® Red Taco sauce with the sour cream in a small mixing bowl.
- To serve the tacos, spoon the cooked veggies into each taco shell. Top with the shredded lettuce and crumbled queso fresco. Garnish with the Crema Rosa sauce.