You’ll love this bright, herbaceous sauce over thick, hearty slices of roasted cauliflower for a vegetarian’s delight!
Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Verde Chimichurri
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups LA VICTORIA® Fire-Roasted Salsa Verde
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup packed fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 2 green onions
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Using sharp chef's knife, trim leaves from bottom of cauliflower and cut 1-inch off bottom of stem.
- Place cauliflower on cutting board stem side down and cut cauliflower in half down the middle, through stem. Take one half cauliflower and cut into two thick slices. Repeat with other half of cauliflower. You should have 4 slabs, or “steaks”, of cauliflower.
- Place cauliflower steaks, cut side down on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast cauliflower until golden brown and tender when pierced with knife, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining olive oil, LA VICTORIA® Fire-Roasted Salsa Verde, red wine vinegar, cilantro leaves, parsley leaves and green onions in blender or food processor. Pulse just to combine, leaving specks of herbs throughout.
- To serve, gently transfer roasted cauliflower steaks to serving plate and spoon Verde Chimichurri over top.