The classic Beef Enchilada recipe for your next party entree or family gathering. The tender beef chuck roast combined with LA VICTORIA® Red Enchilada Sauce and soothing Monterey Jack Cheese will make this another “go-to” recipe you’ll use time and again.
Shredded Beef Enchiladas
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 3 lb beef chuck roast
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 cup oil, for frying
- 20 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 (19-ounce) can LA VICTORIA® Red Enchilada Sauce Mild
- 1 cup Montery Jack cheese, shredded
- Place roast in a large saucepan that has a tight-fitting lid. Pour in water, cover, and simmer on low for 30 minutes. Increase heat to medium/high, and brown the roast on all sides.
- Once the water has boiled away, pour in the beef broth, vinegar, chili powder and cumin. Cover tightly and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the beef falls apart when you try to pick it up. Shred the beef, using 2 forks or your fingers.
- Place shredded beef back into the saucepan with all the juices, and let cool to room temperature.
- In a large heavy skillet, heat the olive oil. Using tongs dip the tortillas, one at a time, into the oil for 30 seconds each side. Drain on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spread 4 tablespoons of LA VICTORIA® Red Enchilada Sauce down the center of the tortilla. Top with about the same amount of beef.
- Roll up and place seam side down in one or two 8x11 inch baking dish. Repeat for each tortilla. Continue until you are out of filling.
- Top with remaining LA VICTORIA® Red Enchilada Sauce and sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.