The rich, dark meat mixed with the spice of chipotle and garlic make this slow cooker Chipotle Chicken recipe more than just a Southwest favorite. Served over yummy cilantro rice. Delectable, delicious, and worth the wait.
Spicy Slow Cooker Southwest Chipotle Chicken
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 3 tbsp paprika, traditional or smoked
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 6 Chicken thighs, skinless on the bone
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn kernels
- 1 (4-ounce) can LA VICTORIA® Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles
- 1 cup LA VICTORIA® Chipotle Taco Sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh oregano chopped or 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Cooked rice with freshly chopped cilantro mixed in
- In a small mixing bowl, combine paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, cumin, salt and pepper. Rub chicken thighs with the spice mixture to coat well.
- Combine beans, corn, LA VICTORIA® Diced Green Chiles and 1/2 cup LA VICTORIA® Chipotle Taco Sauce in slow cooker.
- To the remaining taco sauce, add garlic and oregano. Place the seasoned chicken thighs on top of the corn/bean mixture. Pour remaining seasoned taco sauce over chicken.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting for 4 to 5 hours. Serve over cilantro rice.