The traditional flavors of an authentic Mexican taco recipe in the familiar form of the backyard-grilled burger. Add fresh lettuce, tomatoes, black olives and avocados and the zip of Crema Rosa sauce and you have a true grilling original.
Taco Burger with Crema Rosa
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (4-ounce) can LA VICTORIA® Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles
- 3/4 cup corn chips, finely crumbled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA® Salsa
- 1/2 tsp ground chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 dashes LA VICTORIA® SALSA BRAVA® Hot Sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 slices Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- For Crema Rosa:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp LA VICTORIA® Red Taco Sauce
- Shredded lettuce
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced avocado
- Sliced black olives
- In large mixing bowl, combine ground beef with the LA VICTORIA® Fire Roasted Green Chiles, crushed corn chips, beaten eggs, LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA® Salsa, chili powder, cumin and LA VICTORIA® SALSA BRAVA® Hot Sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper. Mix lightly, being careful not to pack meat or over-work burgers. Form 4 burgers and set aside.
- To make Crema Rosa, combine sour cream and LA VICTORIA® Red Taco Sauce in small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Fire up backyard or stovetop grill and cook burgers on the first side for 5 minutes or until seared.
- Flip burgers and place two slices of cheese on each burger. Cover grill or tent burgers with metal bowl or aluminum foil to help cheese melt.
- While cheese is melting, grill hamburger buns until toasted. Once cheese has melted, you should have medium rare burgers. Adjust cooking time according to your desired doneness.
- To assemble burgers, slather bottom buns with Crema Rosa and top with shredded lettuce, sliced tomato, avocado and black olives.
- Spread top buns with Crema Rosa to finish burgers.