The classic tortas recipe reinterpreted for chicken, beef, and pork. Featuring LA VICTORIA® Taco Sauce this tortas recipe gets a modern Mexican nutritious twist with avocado relish, crisp onion tang and fresh cilantro. Perfect as a family or entertaining on the patio.
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 12 oz pork, beef, or chicken thinly sliced
- Salt, pepper and cajun seasoning, to taste
- 4 rolls Mexican rolls (bolillos)
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 2 oz cotija cheese, to taste
- LA VICTORIA® Red Taco Sauce
- For Avocado Relish:
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced avocado
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped serrano pepper
- 1 tbsp LA VICTORIA® SALSA BRAVA® Hot Sauce
- fresh lime juice, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Season pork, beef or chicken with a little olive oil, salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning. Grill or sauté meat until cooked through.
- Lightly toast rolls. Spread refried beans on the bottom halves of each roll. Add meat and cheese. Top with avocado relish and LA VICTORIA® Red Taco Sauce. Makes 4 sandwiches.
- For Avocado Relish, chop all ingredients, removing seeds from tomatoes and peppers. Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Add a squeeze of lime and a little salt and pepper.
- Stir together and refrigerate until ready to use.