The perfect weekend chili. Simple to make. Better to eat. The rich flavor of this turkey chili recipe belies it’s quick-and-easy preparation. You might not wait for the weekend once you’ve tried it.
Turkey and Stout Chili
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper any color, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chipotle powder or chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (16-ounce) jar LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA® Salsa
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup white cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 whole kernel corn, fresh or canned
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle favorite seasonal beer, porters and stouts work best
- 2 cups turkey, shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Shredded cheese, for the topping
- Sour cream, for the topping
- Scallions chopped, for the topping
- Avocado diced, for the topping
- LA VICTORIA® Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles, for the topping
- Tortilla chips crumbled, for the topping
- Fresh lime wedges, for the topping
- In a large stock pot, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté about 10 minutes.
- Add the diced bell pepper and sauté 3 minutes more.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute while stirring.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, brown sugar and bay leaf and sauté for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA® Salsa, black beans, white beans, corn, chicken stock and beer and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring the chili to a simmer, then partially cover the pot with the lid and simmer for 25 minutes. Remove the lid, add the shredded turkey and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes more.
- Refrigerate overnight to let the flavors meld, and then reheat on top of the stove. Serve with all the toppings.