A new vegetarian meal to add to your arsenal, this black bean vegetarian burger recipe practically explodes with flavor with the additions of LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA® Salsa and the pop of LA VICTORIA® Green Taco Sauce.
Vegetarian Black Bean Salsa Burgers with Avocado Tomatillo Sauce
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs or panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal, finely ground
- 1/2 cup LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA® Salsa
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- For Avocado Tomatillo Sauce:
- 1 cup LA VICTORIA® Green Taco Sauce
- 1 avocado, seed removed and peeled
- 1/4 cup sour cream, low-fat
- Salt and pepper
- Place the black beans in the food processor and process until smooth. Add the breadcrumbs, cornmeal, salsa, cumin, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Process until well combined.
- Form six 1/2-inch patties from the mixture and place on a waxed or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Refrigerate burgers at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours before cooking.
- Meanwhile, make the Avocado Tomatillo Sauce by combining the LA VICTORIA® Green Taco Sauce, avocado and sour cream in the food processor. Blend until smooth, season, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat barbecue or grill pan over medium heat; lightly coat with oil. Place the patties on the grill or in pan and cook until browned and heated through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Serve the burgers on toasted hamburger buns slathered with the Avocado Tomatillo Sauce and your favorite toppings.