The crispy crust of fried avocados with the zing of lime and smoky black bean flavor coupled with fresh, shredded iceberg red cabbage make this vegetarian meal both nutritious and delicious.
Very Vegetarian Crispy Avocado Tacos
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted, cut into 8 wedges
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- 8 LA VICTORIA™ Tortillas
- 2 cups shredded iceberg red cabbage
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup LA VICTORIA® Suprema® Salsa
- 1 cup crumbled Queso Fresco
- Place eggs, panko, and flour in 3 separate shallow medium bowls. Season avocado wedges with salt and pepper. Working in batches, dredge each avocado wedge in flour, shaking off excess.
- Coat each wedge with egg, allowing excess to drip back into bowl. Then coat wedges with panko crumbs, pressing Panko on so that it adheres.
- Pour oil into large, deep skillet to depth of 1½ inches and heat until thermometer registers 350°F. Working in batches, fry avocado wedges, turning occasionally, 3 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- To serve, place black beans, olive oil, lime juice and zest and cumin in small saucepot. Warm black beans over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Use potato masher or fork to mash beans into chunky spread.
- Warm LA VICTORIA™ Tortillas over gas burner or stovetop grill until lightly charred. Spread each tortilla with 2 tablespoons of black bean spread.
- Top with 2 crispy avocado wedges, shredded cabbage, radish slices, 1 spoonful of LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA™ Salsa and crumbled Queso Fresco.