Renowned Chef Jamie Gwen loves cooking delicious dishes and bringing family and friends together over a great meal. So does the maker of the LA VICTORIA® brand! That’s why we are pleased to partner each month with this champion of the Food Network’s program “Cutthroat Kitchen.” Each month we’ll feature Chef Jamie’s fresh new recipes, insights and practical “how-tos” to help you incorporate simple and savory cuisine with the full variety of LA VICTORIA® salsas and sauces.
Fresh Vegetables Are Back
Chef Jamie loves helping people prepare great meals, especially as seasonal produce arrives at markets, and knows the challenge and rewards of trying a dish a new way. Chef Jamie advises taking a leap outside of your traditional meal and try adding something new.
Quick Hit Vegetable Ideas
- If you tend to use the same recipe repertoire every week, substitute an in-season vegetable for the traditional broccoli you always make.
- Experiment with asparagus, try something new with snap peas or pick a new potato variety. A simple substitution like that can really make a difference.
Four Fast Ways to Incorporate Fresh Produce in Every Meal
- Set out raw vegetables with salsa dips.
- Chop up a big, beautiful salad with a flavorful vinaigrette.
- Make simple sautés and stir-fries with your favorite sauce.
- Add the best local in-season fresh vegetables to breakfast omelets or frittatas.
We hope you’ll join us on our food adventures and adding the zest of LA VICTORIA® salsa and sauces to your meals.