Twelve spice jalapeño peppers put the bite in this classic appetizer favorite. With the perfect balance of cream cheese and LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA® Salsa, this Grilled Bacon & Cheese-Stuffed Jalapeño Bites recipe is perfect for a barbecue or dressed up for your next cocktail party.
Grilled Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Jalapeño Bites
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 12 green jalapeño peppers
- 3 tbsp LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA® Salsa
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican blend cheese shredded (or your favorite shredded cheese)
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon, finely chopped
- Cut each jalapeño in half lengthwise and scrape out seeds and veins. Place each pepper cut side up on work surface. If necessary, trim bottom of pepper using sharp paring knife to ensure that pepper sits flat.
- In mixing bowl, stir to combine LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA® Salsa, cream cheese and shredded cheese. In another bowl, stir to combine breadcrumbs and bacon. Stuff each jalapeño half with 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture. Sprinkle tops of stuffed peppers with breadcrumb mixture.
- Grill stuffed jalapeños, cut side up, over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until jalapeños are tender and cheese is melted. Serve hot.