The satisfying crunch of these baked LA VICTORIA® Jalapeño poppers will win you over after the first bite. The added heat of LA VICTORIA® Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles and soothing texture of cream cheese will make these your next go-to appetizer for entertaining friends or simply satisfying that weekend craving. Delicious.
Homemade LA VICTORIA® Poppers
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 6 green jalapeños
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Montery Jack cheese or mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup LA VICTORIA® Red Taco Sauce
- 2 tbsp LA VICTORIA® Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup panko crumbs or fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Blanch jalapeño peppers in boiling water for 1 minute. Remove and drain, then cut each pepper in half lengthwise and remove veins and seeds. NOTE: If your hands are sensitive, consider wearing gloves when handling jalapeños.
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, shredded cheese, LA VICTORIA® Red Taco Sauce, green chilies and cumin.
- Stuff each jalapeño half with a tablespoon of cheese mixture.
- In a small bowl, beat together eggs and milk. Place breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl and place flour in a third bowl.
- One at a time, dredge each jalapeño half in flour, dip into egg mixture and then dredge in breadcrumbs, pressing to coat. P
- Lace the coated peppers, cut side up, on a baking sheet and bake until the filling is soft and crust is golden, about 20 minutes. Finish the poppers by placing in broiler until tops are golden.