Enjoy one of the best easy Mediterranean diet recipes for your next party or gathering. The lightly fried polenta cake delivers a satisfying crunch, and the herbed salsa topping is bold and savory. It’s a tasty Mediterranean appetizer everyone will love.
Mediterranean Polenta Bites
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 1 (18-ounce) tube prepared polenta
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (16-ounce) jar LA VICTORIA® Roasted Pepper Salsa
- 1/4 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F. Using sharp knife, cut polenta log into ¼-inch thick rounds. Blot dry polenta rounds using paper towel. Lightly dust both sides of each polenta round with cornstarch.
- Heat olive oil in large non-stick sauté pan. Fry rounds on both sides until lightly browned and crispy, about 3 minutes per side. Place fried polenta rounds on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Season polenta rounds with salt and pepper.
- In small saucepan, combine LA VICTORIA® Roasted Pepper Salsa, Kalamata olives, capers, and parsley. Bring to simmer over medium heat, stirring to combine. Top each polenta round with tablespoon of sauce. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with additional parsley and serve.