Enjoy an easy baked turkey meatballs recipe that’s ideal as a tasty party appetizer or fun finger food for kids. The sauce for these turkey meatballs is the secret to tenderness – combining soy sauce with pineapple salsa transforms the turkey into a sweet and slightly salty savory delight.
Pineapple Salsa Baked Turkey Meatballs
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- For the Meatballs
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 small yellow onion, minced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp LA VICTORIA® Salsa BRAVA®
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- For the Sauce
- 1 (16- ounce) jar LA VICTORIA® Pineapple Salsa
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In large mixing bowl, combine ground turkey, onion, garlic, beaten egg, breadcrumbs, LA VICTORIA® salsa BRAVA®, ground ginger and salt and pepper. Mix well and form into 1-inch meatballs. Place on baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through. Set aside.
- In large saucepan, combine LA VICTORIA® Pineapple Salsa, brown sugar and soy sauce. Place over medium heat and bring to simmer. Cook 2 minutes. Add baked meatballs and toss to coat. Garnish with green onions.