These simple and elegant polenta squares make the perfect appetizer or side. Sautéed shrimp with a hint of lime and cilantro make this delicious recipe pop.
Shrimp Enchilada Bites on Polenta Squares
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups quick-cooking polenta
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb raw medium-sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup LA VICTORIA® Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1/2 cup LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA® Salsa
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro or parsley, plus additional for garnish
- Zest of 1/2 lime
- Bring water to boil in medium saucepot.
- Slowly sprinkle in polenta, whisking constantly until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese and butter.
- Add chili powder, salt and pepper; stir until smooth. Smooth polenta into greased 9x13-inch glass-baking dish; cool to room temperature. Refrigerate 2 hours or until cooled and set. Once polenta is set, carefully remove from dish and place on cutting board. Cut into 1-inch squares; place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Cook polenta squares 5 minutes, or until hot.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion 5 minutes or until softened. Increase heat to high; add shrimp.
- Add LA VICTORIA® Red Enchilada Sauce and LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA® Salsa, cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro and lime zest.
- Place warm polenta squares on a serving platter and top each with a cooked shrimp and a small spoonful of sauce. Garnish with crumbled queso fresco and a sprinkling of chopped cilantro or parsley.