Simple, fast, and kid-friendly, this Skillet Tortilla Pizza is great as a solo cheese meal for that picky eater or can be dressed up with healthy vegetables.
Skillet Tortilla Pizza
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 2 (burrito-size) LA VICTORIA® Tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup LA VICTORIA® Red Taco Sauce or LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA® Salsa
- Heat large cast iron skillet, heavy sauté pan or griddle over medium-high heat. Place one LA VICTORIA® Tortilla in center of skillet. When tortilla begins to puff up, turn heat down to low and flip to cook other side. If necessary, use the tines of a fork to deflate any air bubbles that appear.
- Sprinkle top of tortilla with a thin layer of cheese and allow tortilla to cook slowly until cheese begins to melt.
- Once cheese is about halfway melted, spread a thin layer of LA VICTORIA® Red Taco Sauce or LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA® Salsa over cheese.
- Once edges of tortilla are brown and cheese is melted, remove pan from heat and cover with aluminum foil for about one minute, to heat pizza through. Repeat with remaining tortilla.