This mixture of chorizo, veggies and taco sauce is both a delicious and nutritious option for breakfast. Filled will protein and fresh flavors, you won’t want to miss breakfast.
Breakfast Burritos with Chorizo, Spinach, Green Chiles and Cotija Cheese
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup chorizo sausage, sliced into 1/4-inch coins
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons LA VICTORIA® Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 burrito size LA VICTORIA™ Flour Tortillas
- 4 ounces Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup LA VICTORIA® Red or Green Taco Sauce
- Heat oil in large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté 5 minutes, stirring often. Add chorizo and cook 2 minutes. Add fresh spinach, garlic, LA VICTORIA® Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles and cumin. Sauté 2 minutes or until pan is dry and garlic is tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook eggs until soft scrambled. Warm LA VICTORIA™ Flour Tortillas on flattop or in microwave until pliable. Place tortillas on work surface. Crumble layer of Cotija cheese down center of each tortilla and top with 2 tablespoons LA VICTORIA® Red or Green Taco Sauce. Spoon scrambled eggs and 2 tablespoons vegetable mixture on top of each tortilla. Tightly roll up each burrito. Cut burritos in half and serve with LA VICTORIA® Taco Sauce, for dipping.