Perfect for breakfast or brunch (or breakfast for dinner!), the creamy avocado sauce is the perfect compliment to cheesy scrambled eggs.
Scrambled Egg Tacos with Verde Avocado Sauce
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 1 medium-sized ripened avocado
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 1/2 cup LA VICTORIA® Fire-Roasted Salsa Verde
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 flour tortillas
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- Cut avocado in half and remove pit. Scoop avocado from skin and place in blender or food processor.
- Add lime juice, honey and LA VICTORIA® Fire-Roasted Salsa Verde. Season with salt and pepper and blend until smooth.
- Break eggs into large mixing bowl and beat with fork until blended. Add shredded cheddar cheese and mix to combine.
- Melt butter in large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add beaten egg mixture and cook eggs, stirring often, until scrambled and cooked through.
- To serve, warm LA VICTORIA™ flour tortillas and place one on each plate. Top with few spoonful of avocado sauce, then top with large spoonful of scrambled eggs.