Spicy and cheesy, these grits are the perfect complement to smoky, sweet shrimp.
Cheesy Verde Grits with Grilled Shrimp
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 12 large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup LA VICTORIA® Pineapple Salsa Verde
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking grits
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- salty & fresh ground pepper
- Place shrimp in small bowl or resealable plastic bag. Add 1/2 cup LA VICTORIA® Pineapple Salsa Verde and toss to combine. Marinate shrimp for at least 1 hour or up to 12 hours.
- Place water in saucepot and bring to boil. Add quick-cooking grits and whisk to combine. Cook over low heat 5 minutes, stirring often. Add butter, cheese and 1/2 cup LA VICTORIA® Pineapple Salsa Verde. Stir well to melt cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm.
- Preheat backyard BBQ or grill pan on stove to high heat. Remove shrimp from marinade, shake off any excess, and grill until cooked through.
- To serve, spoon grits into shallow bowls and top each bowl with four shrimp.