Nutritious and delicious. Add a splash of tequila to this grilled medley of zucchini, squash and corn or choose your favorite in-season vegetables for this summer grilling chicken breast classic recipe.
Chicken Breast with Grilled Summer Vegetables and Tequila-Olive-Caper
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 2 (6-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 small zucchini, cut lengthwise in half
- 1 small yellow squash, cut lengthwise in half
- 1 small ear of corn
- 1 red jalapeño
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 sprig Fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA® Salsa Medium
- 2 green olives
- 6 capers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp onion, minced
- 4 epazote or parsley leaves
- 2 oz tequila
- Prepare grill. Lightly oil the vegetables, sprinkle on salt and pepper, and grill the vegetables 2 minutes on each side until tender.
- Peel blackened skin from the chile and discard. Cut kernels from cob. Cut the tomatoes in half. Cut the other veggies in half inch pieces.
- Toss all veggies in a bowl with the oregano, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Salt and pepper the breasts and grill on both sides, about 3 minutes each, until done.
- While grilling prepare sauce: Sautee onion and garlic in a saucepan in oil for one minute on medium heat.
- Remove from flame, add Tequila, and return to heat. Let the alcohol boil off for a few seconds and add all other ingredients. Let simmer 3 minutes on low heat.
- Place breasts over the grilled vegetable salad and spoon sauce over all.