The Chicken Salsa Soup recipe. Your favorite rotisserie chicken and fresh zucchini, bell pepper, yellow squash and LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA® Salsa are the simply delicious foundation for this big pot of goodness. Mix things up and add your favorite in-season fresh vegetables.
Chicken Salsa Soup
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 diced small sweet yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper, cleaned and diced
- 1 diced zucchini
- 1 diced yellow squash
- 2 ears corn kernels, cut from the cob
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ancho or chipotle chile powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (16-ounce) jar LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA® Salsa
- 4 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1 (14-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 store bought rotisserie chicken, meat shredded from the bones
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cup crumbled tortilla chips
- Heat olive oil in large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté, stirring often 10 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add bell pepper, zucchini and yellow squash; cook until the vegetables begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add corn kernels and garlic and sauté 1 minute more.
- Add ancho chile powder and cumin and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes more.
- Add LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA® Salsa and stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add black beans and shredded chicken and cook 5 minutes. Stir in lime juice.
- To serve soup, ladle it into big bowls and top with crumbled tortilla chips and queso fresco.