Directly from the kitchen of Chef Noé Garnica in celebration of the 100th anniversary of the LA VICTORIA® Brand. This sumptuous, fire-roasted poblano pepper is filled with Oregon-grown quinoa and fresh, sautéed veggies and apples. Topped to perfection with queso fresco, LA VICTORIA® Thick’N Chunky Salsa Verde, crisp arugula, and cabbage. Leave out queso fresco for the perfect vegan chile relleno.
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 1 poblano pepper
- ¼ cup cooked quinoa
- 1/8 cup chopped carrots
- ¼ cup chopped kale
- ¼ cup chopped sweet potatoes
- 1 ounce arugula
- 1 ounce red cabbage, shredded for garnish
- Queso fresco (topping optional)
- 1/2 cup LA VICTORIA® Thick'N Chunky Salsa Verde
- Sliced Apple
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sauté carrots, kale and sweet potatoes until tender.
- Roast pepper over open flame.
- Slice and remove seeds.
- Combine sautéed carrots, kale, sweet potatoes, 2 oz. cooked quinoa, pinch of salt and stuff mixture into poblano pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- In last 5 minutes, sauté LA VICTORIA® Thick’N Chunky Salsa Verde in a pan.
- To plate, place salsa on bottom of your plate, top with sliced apples, stuffed pepper, queso fresco, arugula, and cabbage.