Crunchy cabbage, a twist of lime and chili-rubbed steaks on the grill make the perfect Chili Rubbed Grilled Steak Taco recipe. Serve buffet-style and the entire party can construct their own.
Chili-Rubbed Grilled Steak Tacos
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 1/3 cup ancho or chipotle chili powder
- t tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 1/2 lbs flank or skirt steak
- 12 burrito-size LA VICTORIA™ Flour Tortillas
- 3 cups shredded red or green cabbage
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
- Avocado Salsa
- 1 1/2 cups LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA® Salsa
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat the grill to high.
- In small mixing bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, sugar, garlic powder, dry mustard, oregano and cayenne.
- Rub spice mixture liberally on both sides of steaks.
- Allow steaks to sit at room temperature 10 minutes to absorb flavors of spice rub.
- Meanwhile, make avocado salsa by combining LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA® Salsa, diced avocado, red onion, lime juice and chopped cilantro in mixing bowl.
- Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Grill steaks 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium rare, turning once.
- Remove steaks from grill and allow them to rest 5 minutes; slice steaks thinly (against grain, for tenderness).
- Warm tortillas by placing on grill 30 seconds on each side.
- Place sliced steak, warm tortillas, shredded cabbage, cilantro, lime wedges, queso freso and avocado salsa on buffet and let guests assemble their own tacos.