This is one of the best chicken taco recipes because you can use the chicken for so much more than just tacos! Incredibly tender even after shredding, it has a spicy, bold and citrusy flavor that’s perfect for nachos, quesadillas and more. Make a double batch to serve with tacos and save some for later.
Easy Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken Verde Tacos
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 2 cups LA VICTORIA® Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1/4 cup LA VICTORIA® Chunky Jalapeño Hot Sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- For Serving:
- Flour Tortillas
- Shredded cabbage or lettuce
- Sliced avocado
- Lime wedges
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- Combine LA VICTORIA® Green Enchilada Sauce, LA VICTORIA® Chunky Jalapeño Hot Sauce, garlic cloves, cumin, salt and pepper in slow cooker. Whisk to combine. Add chicken thighs to slow cooker and toss to coat with sauce. Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or until chicken shreds easily with a fork.
- Remove chicken thighs from slow cooker and shred meat using two forks. Add some cooking sauce to moisten chicken, if needed.
- To serve, warm tortillas and set out toppings. Invite everyone to create his or her own tacos!