These stuffed burgers made with JENNIE-O® Lean Ground Turkey are cheesy, spicy, and most of all, delicious! An easy-to-make meal that’s surprisingly light—perfect for lunchtime, game time, or anytime, really.
Jalapeño Jack Savory Stuffed Turkey Burgers with Salsa Mayo
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 Cup LA VICTORIA® Medium Thick n’ Chunky Salsa, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup plain bread crumbs
- 4 slices jalapeño jack cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, drained
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 hamburger buns
- Combine ground turkey with ½ cup of salsa, olive oil, salt and pepper, and breadcrumbs in a small bowl. Form into 8 thin patties, about 4 inches wide and ½-inch thick. Fold each slice of cheese into quarters and overlap the quarters to create a stack. Place a stack of cheese in the center of 4 patties. Cover with remaining patties, crimp edges closed.
- Spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium-high heat. Add burger patties to hot skillet. Cook approximately 14 to 16 minutes, flipping 3 times. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer.
- Combine remaining salsa and mayonnaise in a small bowl. To assemble burgers, spread salsa mayo on the top and bottom of each bun, add a layer of spinach, a stuffed burger, sundried tomatoes and red onion slices.