Kid friendly and perfect for summer, this chicken taco salad recipe is great for on the go or a twist to your typical Taco Tuesday meal.
Tacos In Jar
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- For Chicken:
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Lime, juiced
- salt and ground white pepper
- For Salad:
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 1/2 cups LA VICTORIA® MANGO HABANERO MEDIUM
- 2 handfuls tortilla chips
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add ground chicken and season with cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook chicken, breaking apart to crumble, until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Stir in lime juice and keep warm.
- To assemble, place one-quarter shredded lettuce at bottom of four half-pint Mason jars. Add 4 tablespoons cooked chicken to each jar, then top with ¼ cup shredded cheese. Add ¼ cup corn and black beans to each jar and top with cubes of fresh avocado and tablespoon black olives. Finish jars by spooning LA VICTORIA® MANGO HABANERO MEDIUM over the top and have the kids crumble tortilla chips on top for crunch.
- Serve right away or close jars with lids and refrigerate.