This recipe is similar to a quinoa cake and is conveniently divided into individual portions. It’s nutritious alternative to a shrimp cake recipe, featuring sweet mango habanero sauce and shrimp prepared with a Mexican twist. A great meal idea for the whole family, it also makes perfect leftovers to bring for lunch.
Mango Habanero Shrimp & Quinoa Packets
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 16 medium-sized raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup LA VICTORIA® Mango Habanero Salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Cut four 12-inch-long pieces of aluminum foil and brush center of foil with olive oil to keep ingredients from sticking.
- Place 2 cups baby spinach leaves in center of each piece of foil. Place ¼ cup cooked quinoa on top of spinach and top with 4 shrimp. Spoon 3 tablespoons LA VICTORIA® Mango Habanero Salsa on top of shrimp and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon freshly chopped cilantro. Drizzle pile with 1 teaspoon olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Fold foil packets to seal completely, place packets on baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until packets are puffed.
- To serve, carefully cut foil packets open. Serve with lime wedges.