Loved by kids and adults, the sweet mango habanero salsa and spices in this recipe make the tacos taste restaurant-quality. And the best part is your crockpot does all the work. It’s one of the best easy slow cooker chicken recipes that will become your weeknight staple.
Mango Habanero Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 1 (16-ounce) jar LA VICTORIA® Mango Habanero Salsa
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn kernels, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can LA VICTORIA® Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles
- 4 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- For Serving:
- LA VICTORIA™ Flour Tortillas
- Shredded cabbage or lettuce
- Sliced avocado
- Lime wedges
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- In slow cooker, combine LA VICTORIA® Mango Habanero Salsa, black beans, corn kernels, LA VICTORIA® Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles, garlic cloves, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Add chicken breasts to slow cooker and toss with sauce. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or until chicken shreds easily with fork.
- Remove chicken breasts from slow cooker and shred meat using two forks. Using strainer or slotted spoon, drain sauce from slow cooker, reserving thick salsa, black bean and corn mixture. Discard liquid. Add strained cooking sauce to shredded chicken and toss to coat.
- Warm tortillas and set out toppings. Serve chicken, with sauce and let everyone assemble his or her own tacos.