Make a summertime favorite that is splendid for barbecues and picnics. Add an herbaceous, light dressing to Italian favorites like mozzarella, cheese tortellini, salami, garbanzo beans and spinach.
Mediterranean Antipasto Salad with Green Goddess Dressing
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 1 (9 oz) package fresh cheese tortellini
- 1/4 lb fresh green beans
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 lbs sliced hard salami, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, cleaned and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, cleaned and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsps grated Parmesan cheese
- For Dressing:
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- 3/4 cup LA VICTORIA® Thick'N Chunky Salsa Verde
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cook tortellini in boiling salted water according to package directions. Once cooked, remove tortellini from pot with strainer or slotted spoon, reserving hot water, and place tortellini under cold running water to stop cooking process. Once cool, drain tortellini well and set aside.
- Bring water back to boil and add green beans. Cook 2 minutes or until bright green and crisp tender. Remove green beans from pot and place in bowl of ice water. Once cool, drain, dry and cut green beans into 1/2-inch pieces.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cooked tortellini, spinach, green beans, mozzarella cheese, salami, garbanzo beans, bell peppers, tomatoes and Parmesan cheese.
- To make dressing, combine mayonnaise, basil, parsley leaves, tarragon and garlic in bowl of food processor and blend until smooth. Add anchovy paste, LA VICTORIA® Thick n’ Chunky Salsa Verde and sour cream and season with salt and pepper. Process until smooth.
- Add 1 cup dressing to antipasto salad, adding more if needed, and toss to coat well.
- Chill salad for at least 1 hour before serving, to meld flavors.