This simple and scrumptious go-to dinner will wow friends and family with the bright, spicy flavors of the fire-roasted salsa and the rich, luscious fish.
Pan-Roasted Cod with Crispy Potatoes & Salsa Verde
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for frying
- 3/4 pound small baby red potatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 1/2 pounds cod fillet, cut into four 6-ounce pieces
- 1 cup LA VICTORIA® Fire-Roasted Salsa Verde
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- In large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add potatoes and season liberally with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer potatoes to 4 bowls and keep warm.
- Discard all but 3 tablespoons of oil in sauté pan and place pan back on stovetop over medium heat.
- Season cod fillets with salt and pepper and add fish to hot oil in the pan. Cook 3 minutes, add LA VICTORIA® Fire-Roasted Salsa Verde to pan and cover pan with lid. Cook fish over low heat until just opaque throughout, about 5 minutes more.
- Using slotted spoon, place one piece of cod on top of each bowl of potatoes. Top each bowl with a spoonful of sauce and serve.