Succulent chicken, simply cooked in a sweet and spicy sauce, makes dinner easy and delicious.
Pineapple Verde Braised Chicken Thighs with Cilantro Rice
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons good-quality olive oil
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 cups LA VICTORIA® Pineapple Salsa Verde
- 3 cups cooked white rice, for serving
- 1/4 freshly chopped cilantro
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- Heat butter and olive oil in extra-large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and add to pan, skin side down. Sauté chicken thighs until golden brown on underside, then turn chicken thighs over and add LA VICTORIA® Pineapple Salsa Verde.
- Cover pan and cook 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of thigh; if it is at least 180º F, it is safe to serve.
- To serve, stir chopped cilantro into cooked rice. Place spoonful of rice on each plate and top with two braised chicken thighs and spoonful of pan sauce.