Give this easy Mac N’ Cheese recipe a Mexican twist and hint of heat from LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA® Salsa. Perfect for the whole family.
Salsa Baked Mac N’ Cheese
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA® Salsa Mild
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Salt and ground white pepper
- 1 pound dried pasta, (sprial rotini or fusilli hold sauce very well)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs or Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Bring large pot of water to boil to cook pasta. Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Melt butter in medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and whisk until flour is dissolved and begins to turn light golden, about 2 minutes. Add warmed milk and whisk constantly to combine ingredients. Continue whisking and allow sauce to come to a simmer and thicken. Stir in LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA® Salsa and turn off heat. Add shredded cheese and whisk until cheese is completely melted and sauce is combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When water has come to a boil, add dried pasta and stir well. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain well. Return cooked pasta to pot and add cheese sauce, stirring to combine.
- Pour mixture into a 9x13-inch casserole dish and top evenly with breadcrumbs. Drizzle with melted butter. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until top is golden brown and bubbly.