This perfect grilled fajita recipe is equally at home in a stove-top skillet. Add your favorite in-season fresh vegetables to the tender salsa-marinated skirt stake and you have a family favorite, perfect for those patio meals at sunset.
Salsa Marinated Skirt Steak Fajitas
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 1/2 cup LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA® Salsa
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp tequila
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 lb Skirt Steak
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and top removed and cut into 6 large strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper or orange bell pepper, seeds and top removed and cut into 6 large strips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12 green onions, cleaned and left whole
- 12 (6-inch) corn or flour tortillas
- LA VICTORIA® Nacho Sliced Jalapeños
- For Tomatillo-Avocado Crema:
- 1 cup LA VICTORIA® Green Taco Sauce
- 1 avocado, pit removed and peeled
- 1/4 cup sour cream or crème fraiche
- To make the marinade, combine the LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA® Salsa, lime juice, tequila, garlic, oregano and cumin in a mixing bowl.
- Place the skirt steak in a resealable plastic bag and add the marinade. Seal the bag and toss to coat well.
- Refrigerate the steak for at least 30 minutes and up to overnight.
- Make the Tomatillo-Avocado Crema by combining the LA VICTORIA® Green Taco Sauce, avocado and sour cream in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- To prepare, preheat the grill to high.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and discard the marinade. Pat the steak dry, then season with salt and pepper. Grill the steak turning once, about 6 to 8 minutes total for medium-rare.
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing diagonally into thin slices.
- Meanwhile, toss the colored bell peppers with the olive oil and grill until charred and wilted. During the last 30-seconds of cooking, place the green onions on the grill and char, turning often.
- While the steak is resting, warm the tortillas directly on the grill, turning once until slightly puffed and browned in spots, about 1 minute total. Serve the steak with the warm tortillas, grilled peppers and Tomatillo-Avocado Crema (and LA VICTORIA® Nacho Sliced Jalapeños if you like it hot!).