Fresh tiger shrimp, capers, and LA VICTORIA® Red Taco Sauce put a refreshing bite in this Shrimp a la Diabla recipe. Add lime and green onion for a tangy twist.
Shrimp a la Diabla
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle LA VICTORIA® Red Taco Sauce Medium
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 arbol chilies dried or any dry red chile
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green onions, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 16 fresh or frozen tiger shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 capers, chopped
- 2 lime wedges
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- Heat up a dry sauté pan until hot.
- Toast the dry chiles in it until they’re half black and half red. Remove and let cool. Cut off the stems and discard.
- When cool, put on plastic gloves and cut the chiles first lengthwise, then crosswise to get little pieces similar to what you sprinkle on pizza. Save.
- Heat a large sauté pan, add vegetable oil, and let it get hot.
- Add the shrimp in one layer and sauté each one for 30 seconds on each side until seared.
- Next add almost all the green onion (save a pinch for redecoration) and garlic and mix all together, stirring, until the garlic browns a little. About 30 seconds.
- Add the capers, LA VICTORIA® Red Taco Sauce, water, and sour cream.
- Add a pinch of Mexican oregano crushing it with your fingertips as you do.
- Mix all together as it heats up to incorporate the sour cream.
- When the shrimp are cooked (after 2 minutes or so) remove pan from heat.
- Serve in a dish, a bowl, or a cast iron pan.
- Garnish with the reserved green onion and a lime wedge.