Crisp red cabbage and the sweet and hot flavors of the slow-cooked taco make this Spicy Orange Pork Taco worth the wait. Perfect for Taco Tuesday or any day of the week.
Slow Cooked Spicy Orange Pork Tacos
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1 (4-pound) boneless pork roast
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic, freshly chopped
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup hot pepper jelly
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Your favorite LA VICTORIA® Salsa
- For Southern Cabbage Slaw:
- 1 head red cabbage, shredded
- 4 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Place the diced onions in the bottom of a 5-quart slow cooker. Place the pork roast in the slow cooker. In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, garlic, orange marmalade and hot pepper jelly.
- Pour the mixture over the pork. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove the pork to a serving platter and let rest for 10 minutes. Shred the meat using two forks (it should fall apart easily) and arrange on a platter.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and place in a preheated 350°F oven until heated through, about 10 minutes or wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel and warm in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Set out the shredded pork, warm tortillas and Southern Cabbage Slaw along with your favorite LA VICTORIA® Brand Salsa and have hungry eaters assemble their own tacos.