Loaded with fresh vegetables, this easy crock pot meal gets its flavor from chunky salsa and fresh spices. Smooth, warm and delicious, it’s a great comfort food recipe that’s healthy for you, too. Make it a vegetarian black bean soup with vegetable broth—which is just as tasty.
Slow Cooker Black Bean Salsa Soup
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 1/2 small yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 lb dried black beans
- 1 cup LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA™ Salsa
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- For serving:
- Sour cream
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA Salsa BRAVA® Hot Sauce
- Combine onion, garlic, celery and carrots in bowl of food processor and pulse until finely minced.
- Rinse dried black beans in colander and pick out any stones or discolored beans.
- Combine minced vegetables, LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA™ Salsa, chili powder, cumin, oregano and chicken broth in slow cooker and whisk to combine ingredients. Add black beans and season mixture with salt and pepper. Place cover on slow cooker and cook on HIGH 6 to 8 hours (beans should be very soft; over-cooking will not effect the soup!).
- Using an immersion blender or a food processor, puree soup until smooth.
- Serve garnished with sour cream, green onions and freshly chopped cilantro. Offer LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA Salsa BRAVA® Hot Sauce for guests to spice up the soup.