One of our easy crock pot recipes, this Mexican side dish is a vegetarian favorite and healthy alternative to traditional rice and beans. As everything simmers together, the black beans and quinoa soak up the salsa and deliver rich and earthy flavor. Try serving with your favorite Steak or Garden Veggie Tacos for modern Mexican flair.
Slow Cooker Black Beans & Quinoa
Share this Recipe
Print this Recipe
- 2 (14-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA® Salsa
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Combine black beans, quinoa, water, LA VICTORIA® SUPREMA Salsa, garlic clove, bay leaf, cumin, salt and pepper in slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
- To serve, fluff quinoa mixture with fork, remove bay leaf and discard.